Powered by St’ART®
AMOR – Advanced Multimedia and Observation services for the Rome cultural heritage ecosystem – project is a NAIS initiative in the frame of ARTES 20 IAP 5 G for L’ART Business Applications programme of the European Space Agency (ESA), co-funded by the Italian Space Agency (ASI).
NEW! – Download AMOR for your iOS or Android device.
Click on the icons or scan the QR Code.
Project’s activities started in November 2020 and will have a duration of 24 months.
AMOR is intended to support both Institutions responsible for Cultural Heritage (Soprintendenza speciale Archeologia, Belle Arti e Paesaggio di Roma; Sovrintendenza capitolina ai Beni Culturali di Roma) and visitors, in terms of:
- Safeguard, through multi-modal site inspection/monitoring;
- Fruition, through advanced fruition solutions;
AMOR enabling technologies encompass:
- Earth observation from satellite, used for:
- identification and mapping of criticalities,
- assessment of the state of conservation;
- Satellite Navigation used for visitors’ tracking (anonymized) and data analytics derivation;
- Aerial platforms (UAV systems), equipped with sensors chosen on the basis of:
- specificity of the mission,
- higher spatial resolution;
- GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar) technology used for:
- prospections of the subsoil,
- sub-surface investigations of vertical structures (walls, columns, etc.);
- 5G technology, enabling AR fruition solutions.
The pilot areas, included in the historic centre of Rome (UNESCO site since 1980), are:
- Terme di Caracalla;
- Mura Aureliane (part of);
The proposing team is composed by:
- NAIS (Nextant Applications and Innovative Solutions) (Prime Contractor)
- ICR (Institute for Conservation and Restoration)
- CNR – IREA (Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Istituto per Il Rilevamento Elettromagnetico dell’Ambiente)
Results collected during the project will be distributed on the St’ART platform.
For any additional information, please refer to:
Nicole Dore at: email@example.com